Environmental initiatives in HAECO (Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited) since 2006
Strived for the successful implementation of environmental protection measures relating to different environmental aspects:
- Rechargeable battery recycling collection
- Indoor air quality certificate
- Automatic lighting controls with photocells and motion cells
- Tree planting programme at Tai Lam Country Park
- Green roof
- Environmental management system implementation
- Conduct different environmental training classes to staff
- Response to Carbon disclosure project questionnaire (CDP 7)
- Solar water heaters installation
- Environmental audits and guided visits
- Wait for Green, Engine Off
- To reduce waste disposal to landfill sites by recycling rechargeable batteries, paper, cardboard and plastic bottles
- To respond to the carbon disclosure project questionnaire seven regarding the carbon dioxide emission
- Measure the indoor air quality parameters such as carbon dioxide and respirable suspended particles based on Environmental Protection Department requirements.
- To work closely with the Green Group and local government to implement a three-year community tree planting programme. The objectives of this programme are to reduce carbon dioxide emission and enhance staff environmental awareness.
- Reductions in carbon dioxide emissions are required to assist in lowering the impact of climate change. I try to achieve this through operational control, educational and technological improvements. Greenhouse gas data is recorded.
- Stopping engine idling decreases fuel and operational costs. This practice creates clean air and fewer heat nuisances to passenger nearby especially during the hot summer time.
- The environmental benefits of a green roof are numerous:
- Reduces the top layer temperature, reduces electricity consumption
- Helps to moderate the urban heat island effect (i.e. significantly higher temperatures in urban areas compared with their surroundings)
- Improves air quality by filtering pollutants and CO2 out of the air
- Increases visual amenity value
- Increases roof life span
- Allows vegetation to grow spontaneously
- To enhance staff environmental awareness through conducting different educational training courses and encourage active involvement in different environmental protection activities
- Response to different environmental audits and guided visits to share environmental experience
- Four solar water heaters were installed at the roof of the building in 2008. The systems have many advantages. They are powered by the sun, a clean and renewable energy source and emit none of the greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming. In other words, we can reduce not only energy consumption but also carbon dioxide emission.
Contact: email@example.com, 852 6273 9935