SPD Enterprises Limited is a Company Operations Service provider with a focus on start-ups and companies wanting to move operations offshore. We are now taking steps into making our businesses Carbon Neutral. This has now been expanded to looking into the total ecological foot print of each Business.
The work involved, understanding our business operations and processes more closely then deciding how best to reduce the energy or resources used, while still getting the job done to the standard required.
This has been a long road and we have missed some of our targets to have this all implemented due to the fact we did not really understand what we thought we knew about some of our processes or operations.
We have gained a lot by understanding the roles each operation plays in the business.
Things we have done include:
- Reduction of paper use, though out the businesses, eg. Using hand held devices for job sheets rather than printing them out.
- We now recycle a lot more from our operations than before. Recycled product includes glass, paper, cardboard, plastics, timber, aluminium, steel, brass, water.
- Lighting now on motion sensors and use CFLS / LEDs.
- Rainwater collection for use in the processing of glass.
- Process flow in manufacturing, helps us in the use of energy we can get the same done but with less wasted energy.
- We have also started to work with suppliers which make component parts and product for us so that they are working with materials in these products that are more recyclable, take less energy to produce and have a lower ecological footprint.
Working with our design team to redesign products to reduce production time, complexity and make them more easily recycled at end of life.
The Stepaton Group